Translate

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Things I need to learn: Always Planning Good?

Do not those who plot evil go astray?
But those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness.  Proverbs 14:22 
When I read this verse I think: I don't "plot evil."  That's for James Bond movies' villains.  But what about when someone is very rude to me without reason?  And I, consciously or unconsciously, decide I'm going to let them suffer the fruits of their own deeds. Instead of warning them of a problem they unknowingly are going to have, because they hurt me, I'm going to let them fall into it and suffer.

When I do that, (and I've done that or similar things more times than can be counted), I "plot evil."  Whether I am aware of it or not, when I plot evil my thinking is changed and I start "going astray." I naturally start making decisions that will take me where I may not realize I do not want to go.  I hurt more and more people and myself until I destroy myself.

What is the cure?  If I "plan what is good" (and apologies may be the first thing I need to plan), my mind is changed and my thinking is corrected. I find "love and faithfulness"...

I find Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment