Translate

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Can't miss

I can take careful, careful aim.  I can shoot to my heart's content.  But if I haven't spent quality time with my Heavenly "daddy" first, I will never, ever hit the target.  That's because I'm shooting blanks.

But, if I spend time with my Heavenly "daddy" first, he will select the targets, take me to them, and give me bullets that cannot miss.

Jesus made the universe and all of history, past, present and future, for Himself.  And He invites me to share in his greatest joy which is to love people back from the fear, isolation, shame, and pride that sin causes the human heart; to the knowledge that Jesus loves them just as they are, with all His heart, and that He wants a personal, intimate relationship with them.  He wants them to know that he will satisfy their every need:  Financial, relational, emotional and spiritual.  And he wants them to know that though He loves us just as we are, He does not leave us as we are.  He works in our hearts and lives, loving us with tough and tender love until we have the very character of God Himself: loving all and being loved by all.  And that is hitting the target.


No comments:

Post a Comment