Translate

Monday, January 11, 2016

How to Get the Life You Want...

This morning I struggled to give a tip at a restaurant.  I thought of, "give and it will be given to you, pressed down, shaken together, and running over into your lap."  But it was Andy Stanley's 1/10/16 "Your Move with Andy Stanley" that redefined the experience (http://yourmove.is/episode/ep2-something-to-show-for-it/).

Jesus wasn't talking about money when he said to give, he was talking about much more.  He was talking about me.  Giving me away to someone.  This includes my money but so much more.  If I give my life away Jesus will give me more life back.  If I give my money, and my time, my presence, my interest, my love, my care, my concern, myself!, He will give me back Himself: His presence, His interest, His love, His care, His concern, His life!

If you give to get you are still alone.  But if you give yourself away to love other people you have Jesus and you have Life and you have everything!  

No comments:

Post a Comment