Translate

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Changes

Stop being open to being changed by instruction, and you will slowly walk away from the right path. (my imperfect paraphrase of Proverbs 19:27)
I read somewhere (I'm sorry I don't know to whom to give credit) that this is like the Apollo moon missions in the 1960's.  On the way to the moon they would set the correct trajectory but would also repeatedly check it to see if they were still on course.  About 90% of the time they weren't and needed to correct their course.

I think when God has broken through my arrogance and pride and I have listened to Him and made a major change in my life that I am done.  I'm glad I won't have to deal with that flaw in my character again.  But like one who is making a sculpture, God has only chipped away a piece of the stone He is transforming.  I must make future major changes in my character as God puts pressure on my life and I respond by being open to His instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment