Translate

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Another Choice

If I ask God to do something, and He doesn't do it, I say, "Well, He must not exist."

If I ask for God to do something, and He does it, I say, "That would have happened anyway."

So exactly how is He supposed to reach me?  What can He do?

God will allow the natural pain of my own choices to drive me to another choice.

But I numb the pain with alcohol.

I am distracted from the pain with sex.

I blame others for the pain.

When nothing stops the pain, I see the other choice.

I can blame God for the natural pain of my own choices.

Or I can ask Him for help.

If I blame Him I am saying He is real, but He is evil.

If I ask Him for help, He will help.

Then I can say, "That would have happened anyway" and I would know I was lying when I said it. 

And the pain would begin again.

Or, I can say, "Thank you, my Heavenly Father, you are good and you are real."

And He will never leave me.





No comments:

Post a Comment