Translate

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Satan's work exposed

2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV84
 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
I suffer from lack of confidence sometimes, especially in new situations.  Satan knows this and regularly attacks me there.  Satan's fiery darts, those destructive thoughts and feelings, are hitting me most recently in my new job.  I am praying that Jesus will take care of my thought life and me personally and my company and their customers.  I am praying that Jesus will expose the lies of satan (that I believe) to the light of God's truth.  The truth will disarm the lies and make them powerless against me.  How does this work?

When satan tells me a lie it is usually aimed at a shame and insecurity I feel.  He threatens to expose my weakness and I fear telling anyone because I feel ashamed.  And the lie grows hidden in the dark.  But if I have the courage and insight to realize what the lie is and expose it, or I talk to someone who helps me to do this, I can compare satan's lie to the truth found in the Bible.  Then I realize that Jesus loves me just as I am, that He has already paid for whatever I'm ashamed of, that I am complete in Him, and that satan cannot harm me.

Writing about this is easier than dealing with it and so though I know what's going on I still have to fight the battle.  Praying and reading the Bible, talking with Christian friends who understand, and even writing a blog post about it, helps expose and destroy satan's work in my life.

Thanks for reading this and feel free to comment about anything you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment